IBM Informix Dynamic Server and Informix Open Admin Tool contains 6 Critical Vulnerabilities including RCE and a Buffer overflow in HEAP.
IBM Informix Dynamic Server for high-volume online Data server for transaction processing (OLTP), integrated applications, and now breathtakingly fast data warehouse/analytical workloads.
IDS is well known for its hands-free administration. To make server administration even easier, a new open source, a platform-independent tool called OpenAdmin Tool (OAT) is now available to IDS users.
6 Vulnerabilities are identified as Very Critical which leads to attackers execute the code Remotely and take over the full control of the IBM Informix Tools and Unauthenticated heap buffer overflow.
IBM Informix (OLTP) and (OAT) Vulnerabilities:
- Unauthentication static PHP code injection that leads to remote code execution
- Heap buffer overflow
- Remote DLL Injection that leads to remote code execution (1)
- Remote DLL Injection that leads to remote code execution (2)
- Remote DLL Injection that leads to remote code execution (3)
- Remote DLL Injection that leads to remote code execution (4)
Unauthentication static PHP code injection
Unauthentication static PHP code injection Vulnerability offers a SOAP interface by invoking welcomeService.php.
Static PHP code injection used into the “saveHomePage” method. By this Method, ‘config.php‘ can be accepting the Arbitrary Code Execution Which is leads to access remotely by an attacker. Visit for Full Technical Details.
Buffer overflow in Heap
According to Securiteam, IBM Informix Dynamic Server Developer is defenseless against Unauthentication heap buffer overflow.
By submitting association parameters to index.php, through the “server” property, it is conceivable to trigger a heap buffer overflow weakness into the fundamental PHP Informix augmentation (php_pdo_informix.dll).
Remote DLL Injection leads to remote code execution
Vulnerability Discovered in IBM Informix Dynamic Server Developer submitting connection parameters to index.php, setting the ‘act‘ parameter to ‘login‘ and the ‘do‘ one to ‘testconn‘, it is possible to inject arbitrary statements into a connection string for the underlying Informix database.Visit for POC.
Remote code execution (2)
According to Securiteam ,”By submitting a SOAP request to oliteService.php, specifying ex. the ‘canConnectToIDS‘ method, it is possible to inject arbitrary parameters into adatabase connection string for the underlying Informix database.”“It is possible to inject ex. the ‘TRANSLATIONDLL‘ parameter and, if this parameter points to a dll into an existing remote network share, the dll will be injected into the remote Apache process.If malicious code is contained into the dll entry point, this will be executed instantly.”
Remote code execution (3)
There are 2 Specific methods of flows Discovered in IBM Informix Dynamic Server Developer
- MACH11Server.php allows to insert a row into the underlying SQLite Database without prior authentication, by sending a specific SOAP request to MACH11Service.php and specifying the ‘addServerToCache‘ method.
- pinger.php construct a connection string for the underlying Informix database, based on the row previously inserted. Given this it is possible to inject the ‘TRANSLATIONDLL‘ property into this connection string and to cause the Apache process to load the pointed dll from a remote network share controlled by the attacker.
Remote code execution (4)
securiteam Explined ,By contact the ‘adminapiService.php‘ SOAP interface and constructing a proper request to this endpoint, with the ‘createSBSpace‘ method specified, it possible to inject parameters into a connection string for the underlying Informix database.
According to tro IBM, all the Vulnerabilities has been Patched.
You can visit here for Full technical analysis and POC