The RouterSploit Framework is an open-source exploitation framework devoted to embedded devices. It includes various modules that aid penetration testing operations:
- exploits – modules that take advantage of identified vulnerabilities
- creds – modules designed to test credentials against network services
- scanners – modules that check if a target is vulnerable to any exploit
- gnureadline (OSX only)
Installation[email protected]:~# apt-get install routersploit
The routersploit a similar tool like Metasploit, very easy to create more modules. Anyone can extend the tool easily with the help of exploit databases.
To get the code skeleton.
Checking for Misfortune Cookie vulnerability:
It is a critical vulnerability which allows an attacker to take remote control of a router connected to the Internet and it can be fixed only by hardware vendors.
Scanner Quickly checks the target is vulnerable to any exploit, here we are to use autopwn scanner which for all vulnerabilities.rsf use scanner/autopwn rsf (Autopwn) > show options rsf (Autopwn) > set target IP rsf (Autopwn) > run
RouterSploit has various creds modules that can brute force various services, including HTTP, SSH, and Telnet.
- http basic auth
- http digest auth
- http form auth
As like every brute force tool you should prepare a wordlist, every service two modules for reference (ftp_bruteforce,ftp_default)
ftp_default as the name indicates it will check for default credentials and the process will be completed in minutes.
ftp_bruteforce do a dictionary account over single or multiple user accounts with credentials provided in the list.
You can find the video Tutorial in Github page.
- Author: Reverse Shell Security
- License: BSD-3-clause
- p0f – Passive Traffic Analysis OS Fingerprinting and Forensics Penetration Testing Tool.
- Commix – Automated All-in-One OS Command Injection and Exploitation Tool.
- Cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords with Fluxion.