Another data breach, Los Angeles based fashion retailer FOREVER 21 suffered data breach, users at certain stores are affected by it.
FOREVER 21 operates more than 815 stores across seven countries.They implemented encryption and token based Authentications starting from 2015 to protect user data.
Some of the store’s are affected when the encryption on those devices are not operational which open the gateway for hackers said FOREVER 21. They closely investigating on the card transactions between March 2017 – October 2017.
Forensics investigation engaged in by a leading security and forensics firm, their investigation in progress and complete finding not available.
They said additional information will be provided when they get certain clarity on specific stores and timeframes.
We regret that this incident occurred and apologize for any inconvenience. We will continue to work to address this matter. the company said.
The Customers are advised to carefully monitor their payment card details for unauthorized transactions and if anything suspicious notify the bank that issued the card immediately.
Some of Very Recent Data Leaked
- Famous Cosmetic Company “Tarte” leaked 2 Million Customers Personal Data Online
- Accenture Data Leak Exposed 137 Gigabytes of Highly Sensitive Data Online
- Deloitte Hacked by Cyber Criminals and Revealed Client & Employee’s Secret Emails
- Leading research and advisory firms Forrester was hacked
- Disqus confirms it’s been hacked and more than 17.5 Million Users Details Exposed
- Gaming Service R6DB Database deleted By Hackers and held for Ransom
- Biggest Hack Ever – Each and Every Single Yahoo Account Was Hacked in 2013
- Pizza Hut Hacked – Users Reporting Fraudulent Transactions on their Cards
- Hyatt Hotels Data Breach Exposed 41 Hotel Customers Payment Card Information
- Verizon Wireless Confidential DataLeaked Accidentally by Its Employee