Firefox 65.0 released with the fixes of several security vulnerabilities along with various new futures including video streaming experience, updated language preference etc.
Firefox 65.0 improved its web compatibility and performance that supports
a web image format that brings the same image quality as existing formats at the smaller file size.
Also now its supports the new video compression technology called AV1 that brings better streaming experience for videos.
This new Firefox 65.0 version provides extremely enhanced tracking protection that helps to simplify with customized content blocking setting to control the online trackers.
According to Firefox, In terms of new changes, “Enhanced security for macOS, Linux, and Android users via stronger stack smashing protection which is now enabled by default for all platforms. “Stack smashing” is a common security attack in which malicious actors corrupt or take control of a vulnerable program.”
Along with various performance improvements in Firefox 65.0, it fixed the several security vulnerabilities that
Firefox 65.0 Updates fixed Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2018-18500: Use-after-free parsing HTML5 stream – This vulnerability occurs when parsing an HTML5 stream in concert with custom HTML elements that exploitable crash the browser.
- CVE-2018-18502: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 65 – This bug existing in the Firefox 64 that allow crashing the memory that could be exploited to run arbitrary code.
- CVE-2018-18501: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 65 and Firefox ESR 60.5 – A memory corruption vulnerability that allows attacking run arbitrary code in Firefox 64 and Firefox ESR 60.4.
- CVE-2018-18503: Memory corruption with Audio Buffer-
- CVE-2018-18504: Memory corruption and out-of-bounds read of texture client buffer – potentially exploitable crash and the possibility of reading from the memory of the freed buffers.
- CVE-2018-18505: Privilege escalation through IPC channel messages – This bug allows sandbox escape through IPC channels due to lack of message validation in the listener process.
- CVE-2018-18506: Proxy Auto-Configuration file can define localhost access to be proxied – It allows for attacks on services and tools that bind to the localhost for networked behavior if they are accessed through browsing.
You can download the new updated Firefox Version 65.0 here.