Mozilla released Firefox 83.0 with new impartments on page load performance, fixed the Zero-day bug, introduces HTTPS-Only Mode., and various other functions.
Firefox 80.3 will let you experience the page loading performance by up to 15%, page responsiveness by up to 12%, and reduced memory usage by up to 8%.
Mozilla also fixed 21 vulnerabilities which including 5 high severity vulnerabilities, 11 moderate vulnerabilities, and 5 low severity vulnerabilities that affected the previous version of Firefox.
HTTPS-only Mode enables to modify the URL automatically to continue with HTTPS version, for example, If users will type http:// URLs, it will automatically change into secure https:// URLs. You can enable it in Firefox Preferences.
Firefox 83.0 now support the AcroForm PDF forms technology that allow users to fill in, print, and save supported PDF forms and the PDF viewer.
Firefox Search Features Improvements
According to Mozilla release notes, following improvement has been applied in this Firefox 83.0:-
- Selecting a search engine at the bottom of the search panel now enters search mode for that engine, allowing you to see suggestions (if available) for your search terms. The old behavior (immediately performing a search) is available with a shift-click.
- When Firefox autocompletes the URL of one of your search engines, you can now search with that engine directly in the address bar by selecting the shortcut in the address bar results.
- We’ve added buttons at the bottom of the search panel to allow you to search your bookmarks, open tabs, and history.
Zero-day Bug Fixes
Firefox 83.0 released with the fixes of Heap buffer overflow in “FreeType” zero-day vulnerability that active attacks against Google Chrome and Firefox.
“In Freetype, if PNG images were embedded into fonts, the
Load_SBit_Png function contained an integer overflow that led to a heap buffer overflow, memory corruption, and an exploitable crash.”
You can upgrade to Firefox 83 by going to Options -> Help -> About Firefox.
You can dowload the the latest version of Firefox 83.0 here:;
- Firefox 83 for Windows 64-bit
- Firefox 83 for Windows 32-bit
- Firefox 83 for macOS
- Firefox 83 for Linux 64-bit
- Firefox 83 for Linux 32-bit
- Firefox 83 for Android