We’ve all been there – thinking we’ve taken a great photo only to find it blurry.
Honesty, this can be very annoying. But the good news is there are several techniques that can come in handy to fix such photos.
So, whether you’re a professional photographer or someone who likes to take photos for fun, this guide will introduce you to the best two tricks you can use to enhance blurry photo[W1] without requiring too much effort.
All you just have to do is to stick with us till the end of this article.
There are different reasons why your photos might get blurry. We’ve discussed some of them below;
- Slow Shutter Speed: The shutter speed is the amount of time the camera’s shutter is open to allow light to reach the camera’s sensor. When the shutter speed is slow, any movement can cause the photo to appear blurry. This is particularly common in low-light situations when the camera is forced to use a slow shutter speed to capture enough light.
- Camera Shake: Camera shake occurs when the camera is not held steady while taking a photo. This can happen when the camera is held by hand, or when a tripod is not used. The movement of the camera causes the photo to be blurry.
- Motion Blur: Motion blur occurs when the subject in the photo is moving while the photo is being taken. This can happen when taking photos of sports or action scenes, and it can cause the photo to appear blurry.
- Poor Light Quality: Poor lighting can result in blurry photos because the camera is forced to use a slower shutter speed to capture enough light. This can cause the photo to be blurry due to camera shake or motion blur.
- Bad Camera Holding Technique: Holding the camera improperly can cause it to move while taking the photo, which can result in a blurry image. It’s essential to hold the camera with both hands and keep your elbows close to your body for stability.
- Poor Lens Quality: A low-quality lens can result in blurry photos. If the lens is not able to capture sharp images, it can result in a blurry photo.
- Junk in Front of or on Your Lens: Any obstruction in front of or on your lens can cause the photo to appear blurry. This can include fingerprints, smudges, or debris on the lens.
The best way to remove blur from photo is by using Wondershare Repairit Photo Repair. [W2] It’s a powerful tool trusted by many tech experts to fix different types of errors in photos, including blurriness.
alt: repairit photo repair
With this tool, you’ll be able to remove blur from photo using different modes, which are the quick mode and the advanced mode.
The quick mode allows you to get rid of minor blur and other problems in your photos while the advanced mode allows you to easily fix extremely damaged photos.
Plus, unlike other regular photo repair software, Repairit Photo Repair does not reduce the quality of photos while fixing errors in them.
- Repair different types of photo corruption, including blurry photos, grainy photos, pixelated photos, dark photos, and lots more.
- Support a wide range of image formats, including JPG and PNG.
- Support advanced and quick repair mode.
- Repair critically damaged or corrupted photos available on SD cards, phones, cameras, USB flash drives, and more.
- Support Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and macOS 10.10 ~ macOS 13.
Step 1: Install the Wondershare Software on your PC and start the program.
Step 2: Select Photo Repair from the top left corner and click the Add button to upload the blurry photo(s) that you intend to clear.
Alt: add the blurry photo
Step 3: Once the photos have been uploaded, click the Repair button at the bottom right corner to initiate the repair process.
Alt: repair the photo
Step 4: The software should fix the blurry photo within a few minutes. Then, preview the photo to confirm the quality of the repaired photo.
Alt: preview the fixed photo
If you’re not satisfied with the quality, use the Advanced Repair mode by following the procedures below;
- Click Advanced Repair and upload a Sample photo. A sample photo is the better version of the photo you intend to repair created with the same device in the same format.
Alt: add a sample photo
- Once you upload the sample photo, click the Repair button to begin the advanced repair process. This usually takes only a minute or two.
Alt: preview and save
Step 5: Finally, preview and save the photo to your PC’s local storage.
Alt: choose a location to save photo
You can also make use of online tools to fix blurry pictures. All you need us the Wondershare Repairit Online Photo Repair tool got you covered. The tool allows you to fix blurry pictures online free without compromising your photo quality.
- Fix any level of corruption with a very high success rate: photos pixelated, covered with grey areas, cannot be opened, etc.
- It supports customers repair 300 photos per month and supports each photo of 300M online.
- The online version supports various photo formats: JPEG/JPG/CR3/CR2/NEF/NRW/RAF/DNG/TIF/TIFF.
- Security enough: files are transferred via a 2048-bit encrypted connection and deleted after 3 hours.
- It fixes videos online without damaging the original quality or integrity.
Step 1: Open the Wondershare Repairit Online Photo Repair tool in your browser and click the Add button to upload the photo (s) that needs to be fixed.
Alt: add photo online
Step 2: There are two repair modes, which are Quick repair and Advanced repair.
For Quick Repair;
- Click Repair at the bottom right corner and wait for the tool to begin the repair process.
Alt: upload the damaged photo
For Advanced Repair
- If the tool is unable to fix the photo blurriness with Quick Repair, click on Upload Sample Photo. Then upload a good version of the photo that’s shot with the same device or with the same format.
Alt: upload a sample photo
- After you upload the Sample Photo, click Repair to start repairing the photo. This should take a few minutes to complete.
alt: click repair button
Step 3: Finally, preview the fixed photo and use the Download button to save it to your device’s local storage.
Having known how to make a blurry picture clear, let’s take a look at additional tips you can implement to prevent your pictures from getting blurry.
- Buy a tripod
- Always turn down the ISO.
- Use a faster shutter speed during the shoot.
- Always ensure to hold your camera still during shoots.
If you don’t know how to make a blurry picture clear, the article on this page got you covered.
As tech experts, we’ve explored the best methods that can be used to enhance blurry pictures, be it online or offline in the article above.
So, just make sure you choose a method that suits your requirements to get the job done efficiently.