Kali Linux is a Penetration Testing Distribution based on Debian. Developed by Offensive Security. It is the world’s most capable and famous security testing platform, utilized by security experts in an extensive variety of specializations, including penetration testing, forensics, reverse engineering, and vulnerability assessment.
Kali Linux 2017.2
With the new release, they have added dozens of Powerfull tools and also updates for existing tools, if you are kali lover then it’s time to Upgrade by using following Commands.
At the time of writing, we have updates running, we will soon post tutorials, stay tuned for it.
Also read Operating system for Hackers
Some New Tools
- hurl – a beneficial little hexadecimal and URL encoder/decoder
- phishery – phishery lets you inject SSL-enabled basic auth phishing URLs into a .docx Word document
- ssh-audit – an SSH server auditor that checks for encryption types, banners, compression, and more
- apt2 – an Automated Penetration Testing Toolkit that runs its own scans or imports results from various scanners, and takes action on them
- bloodhound – uses graph theory to reveal the hidden or unintended relationships within Active Directory
- crackmapexec – a post-exploitation tool to help automate the assessment of large Active Directory networks
- dbeaver – powerful GUI database manager that supports the most popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, and much more
- brutespray – automatically attempts default credentials on discovered services
Important Tool Updates
You can see the complete tool updates here, few important tools here
More than that they are working towards enhancing the overall integration of bundles in Kali Linux. Like Kali Linux, there are some top Penetration Testing & Ethical Hacking Linux Distributions you can see them here.