Microsoft announced Edge Insider Bounty Program for Chromium-based version of Edge to uncover the vulnerabilities that are unique to Edge.
Researchers who detect high impact vulnerabilities with the latest version of the edge will get rewards up to US$30,000 for finding vulnerabilities in Dev and Beta channels. The bounty rewards range between $1,000 to $30,000.
Microsoft said that the new bounty program will run along with the existing Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML) on Windows Insider Preview bounty program.
The vulnerabilities discovered in the latest & fully patched version of Windows & macOS are eligible for Microsoft Edge Insider bounty program.
“Researchers who provide submissions that do not qualify for bounty awards may still be eligible for public acknowledgment of their submission leads to a vulnerability fix,” Microsoft added.
Bounty Program Highlights
- We aim to complement the Chrome Vulnerability Reward Program, so any report that reproduces on the latest version of Microsoft Edge but not Chrome will be reviewed for bounty eligibility based on severity, impact, and report quality.
- Valid reports affecting the next version of Microsoft Edge will receive a 2X bonus multiplier in the Researcher Recognition Program.
- Faster rewards: the new Microsoft Edge bounty program will provide bounty will award upon completion of reproduction and assessment of each submission.
Vulnerabilities and Rewards
- Critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) Beta and Dev channels are rewarded up to $30,000.
- Vulnerabilities such as remote code execution and design issues are rewarded up to $15,000.
“We’re excited to expand our bounty programs today to include the next version of Microsoft Edge and continue to grown and strengthen our partnership with the security research community,” says Jarek Stanley, Senior Program Manager, MSRC.
Recently Apple expands its bug bounty program to cover all operating systems that include macOS, watchOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and iCloud along with the iOS bug bounty program.
Sponsored: Best Practices to Strengthen Cyber Security – Manage all the Endpoint networks from a single Console.