theHarvester Package Description:
The objective of this Information Gathering Tool is to gather emails, subdomains, hosts, employee names, open ports and banners from different public sources like search engines, PGP key servers, and SHODAN computer database.
This tool is intended to help Penetration testers in the early stages of the penetration test in order to understand the customer footprint on the Internet. It is also useful for anyone that wants to know what an attacker can see about their organization.
This tool is designed to help the penetration tester on an earlier stage; it is effective, simple and easy to use. The sources supported are:
- Google – emails, subdomains
- Google profiles – Employee names
- Bing search – emails, subdomains/hostnames, virtual hosts
- Pgp servers – emails, subdomains/hostnames
- LinkedIn – Employee names
- Exalead – emails, subdomains/hostnames
- Time delays between requests
- XML results export.
How it works – Information Gathering Tool
#theHarvester -d [url] -l 300 -b [search engine name] #theHarvester -d gbhackers.com -l 300 -b google -d [url] will be the remote site from which you wants to fetch the juicy information. -l will limit the search for specified number. -b is used to specify search engine name.
How to Find Email ID’s in Domain: