A new threat intelligence report shows that more than 40,000 USA citizens along with their social security numbers exposed online.
According to advertisement published by a malicious threat actor in the dark web markets claiming that he has personal details of more than 40,000 USA citizens.
The leaked database includes the following details of the USA citizen-:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Date of Birth (DOB)
The researchers from Cyble acquired the data and analyzed it, then indexed the information on the company data breach monitoring and notification platform AmiBreached.com.
People who’re concerned about their information exposure can register on the platform to query it to check if their data have been exposed.
The breaches are reported to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
Below is the snapshot of the information leaked;
Users are recommended to keep data safe following the security measures
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile.