Zero-day attacks have been a real pain to organizations these days. Due to the unavailability of patches for such attacks, it becomes difficult for organizations to detect and respond immediately and appropriately. The term “zero-day” reveals an unknown threat or an ignored security vulnerability in a software or application.
To mitigate a zero-day attack, prevention is the best solution. E-mails are often an easy target for bad actors to sneak inside an organization. Thus, it is of utmost importance for organizations to keep their network entry points secured.
Prophaze WAF is designed to fight and mitigate zero-day attacks apart from all other kinds of vulnerabilities. Its behavioral-based algorithm seamlessly adapts with an enterprise’s IT infrastructure and helps to protect the entire API system from any malicious source that tries to enter the system.
How do they attack?
Since zero-day attacks happen so quickly that SecOps teams can’t have control over them, it makes them pretty dangerous. They are also very deadly because only the attackers are aware of them. Therefore, organizations need to have a solution that can keep an eye on such threats 24×7.
Usually, bad actors design and launch a vulnerability, malware, in most cases and send it out to the target victim via e-mail which is downloaded by him/her. The malware is generally installed when an attachment or a malicious link is clicked through.
Once the malicious link is clicked or downloaded, the attacker gets inside the system and can steal the company’s important and confidential files, customer’s information, maybe some financial information as well. So, zero-day attacks aim to steal information that can either be misused or sold for a large amount. According to a report by Guardian Digital, zero-day malware accounted for over 50% of all malware blocked in Q3 2020, an increase of 14% per year.
Who do they attack?
Zero-day attacks usually target big players in the industry but these days SMEs are also becoming a victim to them making literally no one safe from attackers. In fact, reports show that attackers specifically look for firms that do not have any protection or security on their databases and web applications as they are easy targets.
How to prevent Zero-day attacks?
While zero-day attacks are the most difficult and dangerous attacks to deal with while having a web application firewall is one of the best options. Here are some tips you can use to prevent a zero-day attack in your organization.
- Having High-Quality Threat Intelligence– These days, cyberattacks are more bot-based and automated, making them more complex and difficult to catch. Prophaze web application firewall protects against large-scale zero-day attacks.
- Zero-day Threat Prevention Engines- These are developed to effectively detect zero-day attacks. Prophaze WAF comes with positive security models and heavy anomaly exposure.
- Consolidation of Security- Many security solutions available in the market offer too many complex and diverse configurations which makes security a tedious and hard-to-handle task. Prophaze provides unified security with visibility and control across the entire IT ecosystem. In addition, it also coordinates well to prevent fast-paced zero-day attacks.
- Educating users and teams- Many zero-day attacks are the result of human errors. Thus, it becomes necessary to aware users and employees about such attacks, prevention techniques, and detecting zero-day attacks.
- Deploy a web application firewall- A web application firewall, like Prophaze Technologies, helps in protecting in real-time. A WAF helps to continue scanning for malicious traffic and prevents attacks from occurring.
How does Prophaze WAF help?
Prophaze Technologies, is a complete API security solution that offers robust protection from all kinds of attacks including signature-based zero-day attacks. It blocks layer-based attacks and can play a major role in your incident response plan.
It responds to advanced malware and trojans that strike signature-based security processes.
Blocks malicious behavior
Prophaze WAF evaluates endpoint memory to find malicious behavior patterns, including unauthorized process handle requests. Such patterns are often a product of the vast majority of exploits, known or unknown. Prophaze quickly identifies such patterns, and blocks them before they could damage the organization.
Blocks malicious malware
Prophaze’s layer-7 malware protection includes process behavior monitoring, ML-based analysis, and blacklisting. Prophaze also provides a detailed threat analysis report in real-time. This helps to identify if a zero-day attack is trying to establish itself and is trying to download or exploit any company’s information, Prophaze will stop this malware and prevent any damage.
Unveil Hidden Threats
Prophaze advanced protection uses a unified methodology to precisely identify threats throughout the system. Prophaze behaves across users’ endpoints, files, and networks. This helps to guard against all incoming threats and ensures wholesome monitoring.
Prophaze Technologies aims to facilitate security for all. Hence, has come up with a free WAF offer keeping in mind that all enterprises must be secured in order to provide optimized services to their customers.