In order to keep your infrastructure safe from phishing scams and various types of malware, it is crucial to perform a cybersecurity threat assessment. With Klik Solutions as your IT Security Services and Cybersecurity Assessment Services provider, you’ll always have the diagnostics and tools to maintain your network security.
The definition of a security assessment is an overall system analysis that summarizes your mainframe’s ability to remediate threats through cybersecurity control diagnostics.
Why Information Security Assessments are Vital
The cybersecurity risk assessment framework is a cardinal risk analysis precaution that determines your system’s status of preparation for up and coming threats. If your network is not up to par, our world-class technicians will get it there. If it is up to the proper standards, then we will help maintain your high-security status.
How These Evaluations are Implemented
- Assessment scope examination. To find the correct scope for your security efficiency evaluation, you must identify all important assets. Once you’ve settled on a general asset sector you can start worrying about devices, other assets, and information.
- Establish asset value. Now that you’ve decided upon your crucial assets, it is time to find what price range you’re working with. To do this, you must estimate the cost of these benefits. Remember, for the accuracy of your examination, it is better to overestimate and have budget leftover than to underestimate and end up cutting corners.
- Identify threats. In order to make certain that your system is where it needs to be in the cybersecurity efficiency division, you must calculate actual threats to your network. This process is done after asset evaluation because we use your assets to determine how great your losses would be.
- Compare asset values and cost avoidance. This step is implemented by taking your individual asset values and then determining how much it will cost to protect those assets from suspected threats. We then base your protection on the most financially sensible method.
- Determine and maintain security controls. By the time you and your business partners determine the aforementioned notions, you’ll be ready to form accurate security protocols for your company. And we’ll be ready to maintain these features for you on a daily basis.
Variants of Risk Evaluation Frameworks
While many frameworks can be used to assess your company’s cybersecurity efficiency, these are the most commonly used:
- NIST. The National Institute of Standards and Technology created a US framework that helps IT techs detect, identify, respond, recover, and protect your system from well-known or upcoming threats. This method was created for large companies but has proven effective for medium to small-sized businesses as well.
- ISO 27000. The Organization of Standardization created information security standards that help your system stay in compliance with your data protection methods. By constantly optimizing itself to fit your network’s needs, you can have the information it takes to properly assess your infrastructure’s safety measures.
The previously mentioned security examination processes are kind of a one size fits all approach. However, there are more specialized techniques. Including GDPR, PCI-DSS, and CMMC frameworks.