[jpshare]These days it winds up plainly normal as we see a huge increase with Scam message in Whatsapp, here is another WhatsApp scam – Advertising Netflix Subscription free for a year.
For this new Whatsapp trick, fraudsters are utilizing this outstanding TV mark as the trap to spread the attack.
Initial Scam Message
If you have received the message even from a reliable contact don’t click or don’t share the link.
The message has all the earmarks of being from Netflix, however, have close look it demonstrates a shortened URL which takes clients to different sites not identified as Netflix.
Also, the image appears in different languages Spanish, English, and Portuguese.
Multilingual Fake page
User’s on clicking the link will take to the page that not belongs to Netflix as like the malicious URL the multilingual.
This malicious page guarantees that if the request was sent to 10 individuals then Netflix service will be accessible free for a year.
The victim is redirected to pages that falsely claim that they are on the “last stride” to accomplish enactment when is truly happening that they are taking information from clients according to ESET blog post.
- If you already shared with anyone, ESET advising users to contact them and let them know about the incident.
- Did you provide your telephone number? Check wit your service provider that you are not added to any premium service.
- If any application downloaded from the URL, uninstall them immediately.
- Hacked Sony account spreads false news – “RIP @britneyspears”
- Hancitor Makes First Appearance in Top Five Most wanted malware – February 2017
- Anonymous hacker breached Freedom Hosting II and taken down 10,613 .onion sites