Wireshark 3.3.0 was released with a fix for vulnerabilities that results in the BACapp dissector crash and fix for other bugs.
Wireshark is known as the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development, and education.
It is used by network administrators to troubleshoot network and by the security, analyst to examine the packets. It is a widely used tool in organizations.
New Features With Wireshark 3.3.0
- Windows executables and installers are now signed using SHA-2 only.
- Save RTP stream to .au supports any codec with 8000 Hz rate supported by Wireshark (shown in RTP player). If save of audio is not possible (unsupported codec or rate), silence of same length is saved and warning is shown.
- Asynchronous DNS resolution is always enabled. As a result, the c-ares library is now a required dependency.
- Protobuf fields can be dissected as Wireshark (header) fields that allows user input the full names of Protobuf fields or messages in Filter toolbar for searching.
- Dissectors based on Protobuf can register themselves to a new ‘protobuf_field’ dissector table, which is keyed with the full names of fields, for further parsing fields of BYTES or STRING type.
- Wireshark is able to decode, play, and save iLBC payload on platforms where the iLBC library is available.
- “Decode As” entries can now be copied from other profiles using a button in the dialog.
- sshdump can now be copied to multiple instances. Each instance will show up a different interface and will have its own profile.
- The main window now supports a packet diagram view, which shows each packet as a textbook-style diagram.
New Protocol Support
Arinc 615A (A615A), Asphodel Protocol, AudioCodes Debug Recording (ACDR), Bluetooth HCI ISO (BT HCI ISO), Cisco MisCabling Protocol (MCP), DCE/RPC IRemoteWinspool SubSystem, (IREMOTEWINSPOOL), Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP), Fortinet Single Sign-on (FSSO), FTDI Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (FTDI MPSSE), Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 3 (HTTP3), Java Debug Wire Protocol (JDWP), LBM Stateful Resolution Service (LBMSRS), Lithionics Battery Management, OBSAI UDP-based Communication Protocol (UDPCP), Palo Alto Heartbeat Backup (PA-HB-Bak), ScyllaDB RPC, Technically Enhanced Capture Module Protocol (TECMP), Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol (TEAP), UDP based FTP w/ multicast V5 (UFTP5), and USB Printer (USBPRINTER).
The new version can be downloaded from here.
Training Course: Master in Wireshark Network Analysis – Hands-on course provides a complete network analysis Training using Wireshark.