Aircrack-ng 1.2 released after 8 years with an immense amount of improvements and bug fixes. Also, they have migrated the project to GitHub and automates the compile process with buildbots.
Aircrack- ng is a complete suite of tools to assess WiFi network security and hacking. It focuses on different areas of WiFi security:
- Monitoring: Packet capture and export of data to text files for further processing by third-party tools.
- Attacking: Replay attacks, deauthentication, fake access points and others via packet injection.
With the new version, they included a number of improvements in chipset/driver detection that includes support for FreeBSD and on Linux, support for monitor mode driver on Raspberry Pi 3.
They improved Aircrack-ng to output the WPA hashes in the compatible format of Wireless Security Auditor tools such as hashcat and EWSA.
After almost 8 years since the last stable release, Aircrack-ng 1.2 is finally released https://t.co/gtROaEnEcV
— Aircrack-ng (@aircrackng) April 16, 2018
“Aircrack-ng is now a lot faster on recent CPUs (up to 3 times) and a trampoline binary automatically chooses the best executable for your CPU instructions” reads release statement.
The airodump-ng tool used for collecting IVs now includes 802.11 support with HT40+/HT40- channels that fix rate display issues 802.11n or 802.11ac Access Points.
Virtual tunnel interface creator tool Airtun-ng that allow encrypted traffic to be monitored for wireless Intrusion Detection System now supports WPA/2.
Aircrack-ng focuses areas of WiFi security
Monitoring: Packet capture and export of data to text files for further processing by third-party tools.
Attacking: Replay attacks, deauthentication, fake access points and others via packet injection.
Testing: Checking WiFi cards and driver capabilities (capture and injection).
Cracking: WEP and WPA PSK (WPA 1 and 2).
Aircrack 1.2rc5 users are merely advised to updated and other stable version users are highly recommended to update Aircrack-ng 1.2.
Important Change Logs – Aircrack-ng 1.2
- Switching to Autotools for compiling with different platforms.
- Fixed compilation with OpenSSL 1.1.0..
- Updated all URLs to use HTTPS.
- Added WPS 2.0 test PCAP.
- Alpine Linux and Kali Linux build bots included.
- Compiling issues with Windows binaries.
- Dependencies installation fixed on Debian/Ubuntu and FreeBSD.
- Added command to install dependencies on Fedora/CentOS/RHEL