According to Kali, THC-Hydra Tool is a parallelized login cracker which supports numerous protocols to attack. It is very fast and flexible, and new modules are easy to add.
This Tool makes it possible for researchers and security consultants to show how easy it would be to gain unauthorized access to a system remotely.
THC-Hydra Tool will work in 4 modes:
- One username & one password
- User-list & One password
- One username & Password list
- User-list & Password list
Hydra has Various Options:
- Target – Settings of various target options
- Passwords – Specify password options & wordlists
- Tuning – Specify how fast should hydra work. Other timing options are also available.
- Specific – For testing on specific targets like a domain, https proxy etc.
- Start – Start/Stop & shows the output.
Find the Hydra from kali by searching xHydra.
Here we are setting our Target IP “192.268.0.103”(set your Remote Target) In Target area.
we are using SSH authentication for communicate to remote Target “192.268.0.103”
Bottom of the tool we can see command line which is automatically Create when we set out settings in GUI of THC-Hydra
we Perform wordlist attack by using a wordlist containing most common passwords to break into the root account. you can add “n” number of passwords to your word list.
In Passwords area , we set our username as “root” and specified our wordlist.txt location in password list box(/root/password/txt).
Kali Linux comes with built in word lists.
Search them using the command: locate *.lst in terminal.
command: locate *.lst
In Tuning area , we set the number of task that we are going to perform .
I set 1 tasks for the Attack.
you can set proxy as No Proxy.
we can go ahead and trigger the start attach by Clicking the start button.
you can see clearly the terminal command line in the bottom of the tool which is about the target IP, a protocol that we used and wordlist of dictionary list (password.txt)
Finally, e have got the result about our target system login ID and password
- Login ID: root
- Password: toor
- Network Reconnaissance to get Target Subdomains and IP’s with Recon-ng & Netcraft.
- Driftnet – Tool used to capture images that your friend looking Online.