Wireshark 3.0.0 Released with the fix for a number of bugs and with many new updated features.
The Wireshark is the most popular network protocol analyzer used for analyzing network packets by organizations and individuals worldwide.
The Wireshark 3 comes with many new updated features and removes the support for legacy features.
Important Feature Updates –
- Initial support for using PKCS #11 tokens for RSA decryption in TLS. This can be configured at Preferences, RSA Keys.
- The IP map feature (the “Map” button in the “Endpoints” dialog) has been added back in a modernized form
- The macOS package now ships with Qt 5.12.1. Previously it shipped with Qt 5.9.7.
- Conversation timestamps are supported for UDP/UDP-Lite protocols
- The SSL dissector has been renamed to TLS. As with BOOTP the old “
ssl.*” display filter fields are supported but may be removed in a future release.
- Coloring rules, IO graphs, Filter Buttons
andprotocol preference tables can now be copied from other profiles using a button in the corresponding configuration dialogs.
sshdumpand ciscodump extcapinterfaces can now use a proxy for the SSH connection.
- Support for DTLS and TLS decryption using
pcapngfiles that embed a Decryption Secrets Block (DSB) containing a TLS Key Log.
- The Windows .exe installers now ship with Npcap instead of WinPcap. It replaces unsupported WinPcap packet capture library and the Npcap offers more speed, portability, security, and efficiency.
Training Course: Master in Wireshark Network Analysis – Hands-on course provides a complete network analysis Training using Wireshark.
Removed Features and Support
Building Wireshark requires Python 3.4 or newer, Python 2.7 is unsupported.
Wireshark requires GnuTLS 3.2 or later as optional dependency.
Building Wireshark requires CMake. Autotools is no longer supported.
You can Download the Wireshark source code and installation packages Here.